We offer you through some practical tips, the keys to a successful trip.
- Mauritius has an area of 1865 km, the capital is Port Louis and a mixed population: Indian, African, European and Chinese.- the driving is done on the left but the priority remains the right
- The official language is English but it is fluent
in French and Creole is the usual language.
- I use the Mauritian rupee (RS) (exchange rate)
- The international airport of Mauritius Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International
- In principle the water is drinkable,
but still avoid tap water.
-The climate of Mauritius is tropical.
- Prefer the months of May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.
- The dry season, corresponding to the winter months, extends from May to October. The climate is hot and dry.
- The wet season, during the austral summer, extends from November to April.
With a tropical climate, Mauritius has two seasons: the hot and humid southern summer between November and April with temperatures
that can exceed 30 ° C and the southern winter between May and October milder and drier.
The climate in Mauritius is quite pleasant all year round.
- During the southern summer, it is very hot and humid
with rains which can sometimes be violent. Although rare, cyclones can occur at this time of year. And why, wouldn't you spend the Christmas holidays with your family in Mauritius?
- If you are looking for a little more freshness and a drier climate,
you should plan your trip between May and October during the southern winter. The temperatures are more bearable and vary between 17 ° C and 25 ° C. Surfers will prefer the months between June and August to take advantage of the trade
Although Mauritius can be visited all year round, we recommend the months of June to November to enjoy the paradisiacal beaches of the island. The temperatures will be pleasant there and the rains are not
See the weather or the tide.